Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Change The Way You Think



I am amazed at the amount of water it takes to create a single product in today’s society. The following are a few products used or consumed almost every day in America. The last, is a short video I found on You Tube, on the amount of water it takes to make one latte. When writing this blog, I felt a little biased against all you coffee drinkers out there, since I am a diet coke fanatic.

So, I will even up the score....
It takes 10 gallons of water to make 1 can of diet coke.

___________________

One ton (2000 lbs) paper

2500 to 6000 gallon of water.

__________________

4 new tires
2072 gallons

____________________



One Serving of French Fries

6 Gallons

_______________

Barrel of Beer


1,500 gallons of water

_______________

One Ton of Steel




62,000 gallons of water

____________
One latte


No comments: