Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Oak Grove & Girls Scouts

Two days ago, I had the opportunity to visit with the 4th & 5th grade students at Oak Grove Elementary in Brownfield. I talked to the 14 classes about the South Plains UWCD Calendar Art Contest. By the time I had finished giving the same presentation 14 times I was a little tired of hearing myself talk. However, I did finish every presentation with our deal or no deal water wise game, and I never got tired of playing that with the students! The girls and boys at Oak Grove were great and I can’t wait to see what pictures they draw for our contest!
I finished the day with a visit to the Brownfield Girl Scouts.

Some of the girls are home schooled, so one of the parents asked if I would come and speak to them about our calendar contest. The girls were full of energy and willing to help me with anything I needed!




I even had my own little case opener!




I asked them if I could take their picture for the blog and told them to pose very serious…..this was the 3rd picture we took because they wouldn’t stop giggling :)



Then I told them to do something silly……..



Thanks Brownfield Girl Scouts for making me smile…



No comments: