Monday, October 19, 2009

Rain Barrel Delivery: SPUWCD




The paint has dried and a final coat has been applied to the horse shoes and wildcat paws. All we needed to finish our rain barrel project was a delivery truck.

As mentioned in my last post, the SPUWCD participated in the Kids and Kows & More program in Brownfield. The fourth graders from Meadow & Wellman-Union decorated rain barrels in their schools colors at our station.

This past Friday I was able to attend both schools and present them with their rain barrel. I could tell that both the teachers and the students were excited for me to bring their barrel to their school. I look forward to seeing where their barrels are placed at, and how they will use them. One teacher mentioned to me that her class had already thought of different ways to use the harvested water in their classroom.


Wellman-Union 4th Grade Class


Meadow 4th Grade Class

I can’t say enough about what a great group of students both of these schools have. I always receive a warm welcome from the staff and students, every time I visit. I am looking forwarding to seeing both classes again in the fall for our art contest.

No comments: